Friday, April 11, 2008

Why my sudden interest in old UK TV show?

As a 21 year old I left England and went to work looking for oil in the seismic industry. Apart from one year in the late seventies I never went back home for more than a short holiday. In my late teens I thought I had better things to do than watch TV. On my travels I hardly saw any UK TV programs. I knew very little of what was being produced in Britain through the 1970s, 80s and 90s; in fact right up to today.

What changed first was my mother sending me a DVD of "New Tricks Series 1" about eighteen months ago. This was followed by mother coming to stay with us in Thailand last year. Now we subscribe to the cable BBC Entertainment channel and have DVDs sent from Amazon UK. After years of having very little interest in TV I now usually watch at least one TV show a night.

Why the blog? Well what's the fun in not being able to tell everyone what I think of them;-) Almost all the programs I watch or DVDs I buy are because I want to so I'm afraid it's no good looking or many negative reviews here.

No comments: